2012-04-17

Learned the Hard Way

Learned the Hard Way
What’s a lesson you learned the hard way? Write about it for 15 today. 


I learned the hard way that when people show you who they are that you should listen. I was married to someone who never really appreciateed me or treated me as well as I deserved even when we were dating, but I married him  anyway. He was beneath me in all the ways that mattered. He mocked my desire to go to school and get my Masters and told me it was stupid. He cheated on me more times than I would ever know. I should have left. 


I actually should had never dated him, but I see it as a learning experience. The best thing that came out of our relationship is our daughter. I also have some of my best friends because of our relationship and my move to South Florida. So I learned from my marriage to him what a marriage shouldn't be. 


I try to pass on my lessons and experiences onto anyone who will listen.



1 comment:

  1. A song for just this lesson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkWGwY5nq7A

    ReplyDelete